Monsoon Trail in CEC!!
The Conservation Education Centre of BNHS is located in Goregaon within the dense greens of Film City area. Given as a token of gratitude by the Government of Maharashtra to the Bombay Natural History Society for their 100 years of service and education in the field of conservation, this 33 Sq. Km protected forest has the aura of the primitive jungles that once covered our city.
This pristine forest is now a safe abode to Leopards, various species of deers, birds, reptiles, amphibians, insects etc along with rich flora.
This forest area helps everyone including kids and adults indulge in exploring nature at their own pace.
Date: 19th Aug and 21st Aug 2022
Reporting place: Entrance Gate, CEC ( BNHS), Goregaon
Duration: Around 2 to 3 hours
Suggested for: All age groups
(Small kids and senior citizens can join us for customised trails)
Recommended time for monsoon trail:
Mornings at 07:00 AM
Afternoons at 03:00 PM
For scheduled trips:
Rs 850 per person for above 5 yr old
Kids from 2 to 5 yrs 550 per child( including entry charge of 200 per person)
For customised group:
Upto 12 people, Rs 4000 for expertise.
Entry charges are extra applicable for everyone above 2 yrs.
Rs 200 per person on weekends
Rs 150 per person on weekdays
Thing to carry & Rules :
- Carry your own water bottle and dry snacks.
- Good trekking shoes with good grip.
- Participants are required to wear dull coloured clothes ONLY.
- Green and brown are best suited for Nature trails as they help you camouflage with the environment without alarming any wildlife present in the vicinity.
- Carry wind cheater.
- Plastic bags to keep your items dry such as electronics, clothes, etc.
- Carry mosquito repellents.
- Do NOT touch/handle creature or plants without permission.
- Do NOT venture out in the forest without permission.
- Strictly NO smoking, alcohol or any unprescribed drugs.
- Any personal medicine prescribed by the doctor.
- CEC Entry Charges.
- Guide and professional Expertise.
- Basic First-aid.
- Any kind of insurance or medical evacuation facilities.
- Any item not covered under the head ‘inclusions’.