||14th July, 2018
Age group: Above 3+
Charges: INR 1250 per person (Including breakfast & Lunch)
Last date of registeration : 10th July, 2018
Rejuvenate in the foothills of Karnala, a green haven located nearby Mumbai. Explore the bird sanctuary or experience the adrenalin rush while trekking to the fort, enjoy the calm and serene reservoir nearby or just relax in the farm run by a couple who have put their heart and soul to give you the best of the experience. . An ideal place for a break from city rush with authentic Maharashtrian food served.
Indulge in various activities such as
- Rice transplantation/ harvesting depending on season
- Organic Kitchen Garden Workshop ( For more details on Upcoming Workshops scroll down)
- Trekking to Karnala fort/ bird sanctuary
- Explore nearby dam
- Visit to an Activity centre for pottery, observe soap making and oil making.
Meeting Time: 8:00 am
Trip duration: Around 8 hours
- Proceed for the farm.
- After reaching, have breakfast.
- Proceed for trekking/ Activity in the farm.
- After lunch, visit nearby activity centre for pottery, soap and oil making/ Explore nearby dam ( optional ).
- Come back and relax with hot cup of tea and snacks.
- Note: Overnight option is also available in an Ac cottage/ Non Ac room.
Charges: Depends on the activity (Kids below 3yrs are free of charge)
Includes: Activities, Breakfast, Lunch and Evening snacks, mineral water, Few Activities*
Suggested items to carry: A cap/hat, mosquito repellant cream, raincoat, water bottles ( reusable)
Organic Kitchen Gardening Workshop
- Upcoming Workshop on 24th Sep’ 2017 and !st Oct’ 2017
- Focused on Organic Kitchen Gardening at home, window grills balconies or terraces. Home Composting in simple easy steps.
Workshop covers the following:
- Have you been tinkering with the idea of growing your own urban kitchen garden, but not sure where or how to start? Well, then this is the workshop for you!
- Whether you have a terrace, backyard, balcony or window grill, no space is too small. In this hands-on and practical workshop, learn all the sense and skills needed to put fresh, home grown organic harvest on your table!
The workshop will cover –
☆ Introduction about Organic Farming
☆ Farm Visit to understand Plant Lifecycle
☆ Home Compost
- Kitchen Waste
- Bio / Vermi composting
- Basics of Soil Ecology
- Making a ‘Living Soil’pot
☆ Pot filling and plant Transplantation
☆ DIY Drip Irrigation methods
☆ Home-made pest remedies
☆ Health and Maintenance of plants
☆ Brief details about Aurvedic plants
☆ Q&A Session
Post workshop all can successfully grow their own organic vegetables and start composting their kitchen waste to make the best plant manure.
Date: 24th Sep / 1st Oct
Time: 8:30 am to 3pm ( in farm)
6:30 am: Leave from meeting point in dadar
8:30 am: Reach farm, freshen up and breakfast
9:15 am: Workshop begins
11:15 am: break and refreshments
1:30 pm: lunch
3:00 pm: depart from the farm
5:00pm: reach dadar
Venue: My nest Agro farm, Karnala
Other activities like trekking and visit to a nearby centre for pottery etc can be organised for other family members who do not wish to join for this workshop.