Monsoon special trek to Peb Fort
This monsoon, Wildest wants to take you to one of Maharashtra’s favourite one-day trek, to PEB fort! Peb Fort gets its name from the local goddess ‘Pebi’. The fort is also known as ‘Vikatgad Fort’. It is one of the many forts near the Matheran range that makes the view from the summit an incredible one, and offers a picturesque view of Malang gad, Tauli Hill and Chanderi fort.
Peb has dramatically sloping sides that are covered in grass during the monsoon season. Charming little trails lead up these slopes, into the misty summit, offering views of the rain clouds coming in from all sides. From the top, you can see far into the distance on a clear day. There are some fairly big streams and pools on your way to the top, so be prepared to get your shoes wet!
Height: 2100 Feet
Duration: 3 hrs from base
Let’s learn about
Nature | History | Basic trekking skills
Date: 28th July 2019
Reporting time: 8:00 AM
Reporting place: Neral railway station ticket counter
Age Group Limit: 15 Years – 45 Years
08:00 am: Reporting at Neral station ticket counter.
08:15 am: Time to grab some healthy breakfast.
09:00 am: Leave for the starting point.
09:20 am: Buckel up your shoes to start the trek.
12:30 pm: Reach the top and capture some pictures to store it as memory.
01:30 pm: Its time to start the descend.
04:00 pm: Reach the station and say bye to your new friends.
Thing to carry & Rules :
- I’d compulsory
- Carry 2-3 Ltr of water (compulsory).
- Good trekking shoes with good grips.
- Carry windcheater to keep both the hands free during trek.
- Plastic bags to keep your items dry such as electronics, clothes, etc.
- A double strap bag, sling bag not allowed on trek.
- Carry odomos or any other mosquito repellent.
- Carry ready to eat like plum cakes, chocolate bars, snacks and biscuits etc.
- Do NOT touch/handle any creature or plant without permission.
- Strictly NO smoking, alcohol or any unprescribed drugs.
- Any personal medicine prescribed by the doctor.
- Travel from Neral to Neral (Local Transport Taxi).
- Breakfast, tea
- Guide and professional Expertise.
- Basic First-aid.
- Transport till Neral
- Extra Breakfast, tea
- Any kind of insurance or medical evacuation facilities.
- Any item not covered under the head ‘inclusions’.
All cancellation before 30 days of event days – 100% credit.
All cancellations between 30-10 days of event – 50% credit.
All cancellations within 10 days of event date – no credit possible.