Date: 4th Feb’ 17 – 5th Feb’17
Meeting Point: Chembur/Vashi at 6:00 am
- Enroute stop at Karnala Bird Sanctuary around 7:30 -8 am for birding and Breakfast
- Depart for Akshi/ Nagaon. Reach and have lunch.
- Late afternoon shore birding at Akshi beach and leave.
- Reach supegaon village at the outskirts of Phansad Wildlife Sanctuary by 6 pm..
- Relax for an hour followed by early dinner.
- At 9 pm, leave for night trail along the forest border where one gets an opportunity to explore unique nocturnal birds and insects…..
- Early morning at 5:30 am/6 am , leave for nature trail to explore the sanctuary where one gets ample opportunities for spotting and photographing rich avifauna of the area…
- After breakfast, depart for Mumbai.. Lunch enroute and reach by evening…
• Night trail at forest border at Phansad
Charges: Rs 5990/- per person
1)Transport round trip from Mumbai to Phansad in an Ac Car
2) Stay at Forest tents/ Guest house in Supegaon village with basic amenities
3) All vegetarian meals including Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on Day 1 and Morning Tea, Breakfast and Lunch on Day 2…
4) A Mineral water bottle each day
5) Park entry fees at all places
6) Service of our naturalist who will accompany you throughout the trip
1) Cameras fees at all places
2) Anything that is not mentioned in the inclusions list
Trip duration: 2 Days/1 Night
Note: A customised trip can also be planned subject to the availability of the naturalist.
Located about 140 kms from Mumbai, Phansad is a great getaway for birdwatchers and photography enthusiasts. It used to be a part of hunting reserve for kingdom of Murud Janjira….
Home to rich fauna such as leopard, hyena, Indian giant squirrel, sambar deer, mouse deer etc.. and avifauna such as orioles, woodpeckers, nightjars, owls, minivets, green pigeons, eagles, grey hornbills, leafbirds, flycatchers and the rare Srilankan frogmouth etc, its a good wildlife destination in Western Ghats.