Birding at Phansad Wildlife Sanctuary
Located about 140 kms from Mumbai, Phansad is a great getaway for birdwatchers and photography enthusiasts. It used to be a part of hunting reserve for kingdom of Murud Janjira….
Home to rich fauna such as leopard, hyena, Indian giant squirrel, sambar deer, mouse deer etc.. and avifauna such as orioles, woodpeckers, nightjars, owls, minivets, green pigeons, eagles, grey hornbills, leafbirds, flycatchers and the rare Srilankan frogmouth etc, its a good wildlife destination in Western Ghats.
Date: 4th Feb’ 17 – 5th Feb’17
Meeting Point: Chembur/Vashi at 6:00 am
- Enroute stop at Karnala Bird Sanctuary around 7:30 -8 am for birding and Breakfast
- Depart for Akshi/ Nagaon. Reach and have lunch.
- Late afternoon shore birding at Akshi beach and leave.
- Reach supegaon village at the outskirts of Phansad Wildlife Sanctuary by 6 pm..
- Relax for an hour followed by early dinner.
- At 9 pm, leave for night trail along the forest border where one gets an opportunity to explore unique nocturnal birds and insects…..
- Early morning at 5:30 am/6 am , leave for nature trail to explore the sanctuary where one gets ample opportunities for spotting and photographing rich avifauna of the area…
- After breakfast, depart for Mumbai.. Lunch enroute and reach by evening…
• Night trail at forest border at Phansad
Charges: Rs 5990/- per person
1)Transport round trip from Mumbai to Phansad in an Ac Car
2) Stay at Forest tents/ Guest house in Supegaon village with basic amenities
3) All vegetarian meals including Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on Day 1 and Morning Tea, Breakfast and Lunch on Day 2…
4) A Mineral water bottle each day
5) Park entry fees at all places
6) Service of our naturalist who will accompany you throughout the trip
1) Cameras fees at all places
2) Anything that is not mentioned in the inclusions list
Trip duration: 2 Days/1 Night
Note: A customised trip can also be planned subject to the availability of the naturalist.
How to reach
Book Now/Know More
Fill the form or contact us to book the trip or to know more about it.
What People Say About Us
I wanted to take a little time to digest and reflect on our recent wild life adventure trip to Corbett before sending my evaluation of the trip. The short answer is, it was a fabulous trip. Rajesh Madan the one who organized the entire trip deserves special mention for his enthusiasm in planning and organizing the trip.The trip was fantabulous, all in all, and we very much appreciate all your efforts on our behalf.The arrangements right from beginning to end were perfect , I not only made new good friends but also got an opportunity to network and explore possibilities for developing my business further. I’ve been singing praises of the trip to our friends, and all of us are looking forward to go on another exciting trip soon.
In the hustle and bustle of my urban existence and entrepreneurial endeavour, I’d long forgotten the meaning of the word ‘unwind’. Thanks to the company, I now know what it genuinely means to unwind. The brilliantly organised trip to Bandhavgarh by Rajesh, Mohit S and Mohit A, helped me rejuvenate while networking with 12 other credible entrepreneurs representing different business categories, besides spotting Tigress and Tigers! Don’t believe me, just go and experience the magic this team creates for their groups with their personal attention and warm hospitality. Keep up the good work Team! Looking forward to more Jungle Safaris with you and I’m surely expecting some great referrals and business from these referrals in coming months!!!
Very Enjoyable, well organized trip. We always felt as our drivers and guides knew exactly what was planned and that Wildnest checked in with us regularly. We are grateful of the efforts that went into helping us plan our itinerary. Chandelao was particular highlight in every way. Read full review
The trip was one of the very good experiences of my life. It was very well organized, very professionally conducted and extremely wonderful. A small group made things much more fun. And of course Bharat's wildlife and photography expertise added to the delightful learning experience.
Till now I have joined with Wildnest company in two trip Ranthambhore and Jim Corbett National Parks. I enjoyed a lot with them. Even i learnt many things and gained experiences about tigers, animals and birds than before ever (my 1st trip to Jim corbett with someone else). I have seen wildnest company does very good job and hard work too. I can’t still wait to join with wildnest company in next trip.
Amazing, Fantabulous, Mindblowing, Awesome, Extraordinary......and the list of adjectives goes on and on and on... Read trip report
A nest can be considered to be a home. A Wild nest therefore could be considered a home in the wild, or a home away from home. This is exactly what Ankit, Bharat and the whole Wildnest team has provided us during our trip through India from day one till the very last minute. Wherever we came everything was arranged till the smallest details. We were accompanied by the best guides available and treated like we were old friends of the family. Thank you Ankit, Bharat & your team for an unforgettable holiday! Check out the photos taken by Frans during this trip at his website