Dates: 1 – 3 May – 2015
Duration: 2 nights / 3 days
Stay: Dhikala Forest Guest House (situated inside forest)
Grade: Moderate (Safaris in open 4X4 gypsy, Walk at flat surfaces)
Focus: Elephants, Tigers, birds and landscape photography
About Corbett Tiger Reserve
Blessed with a wide variety of landscapes due to its geographical location between the Himalayas and the terai, which provide varied habitats such as wet and dry, plain and mountainous, gentle and rugged, forests and grasslands, it supports diverse ecosystems. Ramganga River flowing through the jungle provides the most picturesque views.
The main attractions of Corbett National Park are the wild elephants, tigers and the wide variety of birds found here. Owning to its unique location, bird population is quite high throughout the year with winter visitors, summer visitors, altitudinal migrants, passage migrants and local migrants. Other commonly seen wildlife includes leopard, sambar deer, spotted dear, hog dear, barking deer, jackal, langur monkey, rhesus macaque, wild boars, peacock etc. Various aquatic species such as mahseer, crocodile, gharial, etc are also found here. Read More>>
- Five Jungle Safaris in Dhikala zone
- Two nights stay in Dhikala zone (Inside Forest)
- 4X4 Gypsy that is Ideal for observation and photography
- Vehicles driven by experienced drivers familiar to working with photographers
- Sessions on photography and image review sessions
- Photography assistance on and off the field
- Accompanied and guided by a Wildnest team photographer throughout the trip
- Welcome..!!! We will arrive at Ramnagar railway station. It’s 5 AM and we’ll shortly be leaving for Dhikala zone with packed breakfast.
- As soon as we enter from Dhangarhi gate, our safari starts.
- After reaching, we’ll have a short practical session on basics of photography. Post session we’ll have lunch and leave for evening safari. Although it’s called evening safari, it actually starts at 3 pm and ends at 7 pm.
- After some rest, proceed for dinner and retire for the day.
- Good morning! It is going to be an exciting day. Are you excited? Yes? YES! Today, our first safari of the day will begin at 5:45 am. Back to the rest house and And what an exciting Safari that was! If you are famished, rush to have breakfast.
- We are sure you have a hundred questions in mind and want to get certain pictures reviewed. Fear not! Our brave Wildnest warriors will come to your rescue. An afternoon session on photography is being conducted today. Make sure you attend it!
- Lunch at 2:00 pm. But better hurry up, for we will soon be leaving for another safari.
- Time to go for another safari. Needless to say, take out those cameras and click to your heart’s content.
- Folks, we are back after another tiring but rejuvenating safaris in the wild amidst scores of animals, birds and trees.
- Late evening at leisure, followed by dinner.
- It is day 3 already and there’s still so much to be seen. The two safaris hope to cover all the things left to be explored and seen. We hope that you’ve had a pleasant stay so far and participated actively in our discussions about photography.
- Similarly like the previous day, morning safari will begin at 5:45 am.
- Back to the rest house at 9 am, have breakfast; pack your luggage and check-out at 10:00 am.
- Another image reviewing session will be conducted and photography tips will be shared followed by lunch at Dhikala. We leave for our last safari of the trip at 3:00 pm and will exit from the park from Dhangari gate at 5:30 pm.
- Dinner at Ramnagar.
- Let’s say our goodbyes. We hope you’ve had an excellent stay and go back with tons of memories.
For Indian Nationals: INR 13,900/- per pax
For Foreign Nationals: Kindly mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date of Registration: 28 February, 2015
- Twin sharing accommodation in forest rest house
- All meals during the trip (03 Breakfast, 03 Lunch and 03 Dinner)
- All Ground transfers from Ramnagar railway station
- Five Jungle safaris including (forest fees, guide fees)
- Camera fees (still)
- Services of Wildnest team
- All applicable taxes
- Alcoholic & Non-alcoholic beverages
- Video Permits/fees (if any)
- Tips and Gratuities
- Laundry Bills, Telephone Charges, Internet Charges, Other items of personal nature
- Anything that is not included in the Inclusions list
Book Now / Know More
Fill the form or contact us to book the trip or to know more about it.
Share this Trip
Nishank Joshi, Mumbai Mayur Raj Bhat, Mumbai Anvit Jain, New Delhi Ankkush Agarwal, New Delhi Charchit Bagla, Palwal Akhil Singh, Steria, Noida Frans Gesell | Netherlands Kerri-Anne Edge | New Zealand Ilma de Pater | Netherlands
Looking for more trips
Learned a lot
Wildnest Rocks!! 🙂
An unforgettable holiday in India
Check out the photos taken by Frans during this trip at his website
A trip of a lifetime
Jewels of the Wild, superb wildlife experience!
We (Ilma & Leo) travelled for the second time to India and again we chose Wildnest for organising this wildlife trip.
Because we enjoyed our first trip to India so much, six friends were now joining us. Also this time it was a very well organised holiday, with excellent personal service even during our trip, and with good accomodations.
All the various drivers were friendly and helpful and all the various naturalists were excellent.
It was a wonderful holiday and the personal assistance was very much appreciated. Thank you for making our holiday very memorable!
Ilma & Leo, Sophie & Flip, Thea & Peter, Ineke & Gerhard
Nishank Joshi, Mumbai
Mayur Raj Bhat, Mumbai
Anvit Jain, New Delhi
Ankkush Agarwal, New Delhi
Charchit Bagla, Palwal
Akhil Singh, Steria, Noida
Frans Gesell | Netherlands
Kerri-Anne Edge | New Zealand
Ilma de Pater | Netherlands