Monsoon special trail to Karnala Bird Sanctuary
Spend your weekend in jungle with birds call… Take an enjoyable walk through the moist deciduous base forest of Karnala Bird Sanctuary. This is the perfect time to spot the elusive Indian Pitta, a passage migrant through Karnala.
This is the perfect time to spot the elusive Indian Pitta… and listen to its call…. Other birds like Asian Paradise Flycatcher, Black-naped Monarch, Small Sunbird, Nilgiri Flowerpecker, Rufous and Heart-spotted Woodpecker, Greater Racket-tailed and Bronzed Drongo, Crested Hawk-eagle, Crested Serpent-eagle, and Gold-fronted Leafbird, can be seen.
Date: 28th July, 2019
Reporting Time: 7:00 AM
Reporting Place: Panvel Station Ticket Counter
07:00 AM : Reporting at Panvel station ticket counter.
07:15 AM : Move to Karnala Bird Sanctuary by local vehicle.
07:45 AM : Reach Karnala Bird Sanctuary.
08:00 AM : Start nature trail with bird calls.
11:30 AM : End the trail
12:00 PM : Move towards Panvel station in local vehicle.
12:30 PM : Reach Panvel station and big goodbye to your new friends.
Thing to carry & Rules :
- Carry 2-3 Ltr of water (compulsory).
- Good shoes with good grips.
- Participants are required to wear dull coloured clothes ONLY.
- Green and brown are best suited for Nature trails as they help you camouflage with the environment without alarming any wildlife present in the vicinity.
- Carry windcheater to keep both the hands free during trail.
- Plastic bags to keep your items dry such as electronics, clothes, etc.
- It is advisable to carry biscuits or snacks containing glucose.
- Please carry double strap bags.
- Carry mosquito repellents.
- Do NOT touch/handle creature or plants without permission.
- Do NOT venture out in the forest without permission.
- Strictly NO smoking, alcohol or any unprescribed drugs.
- Any personal medicine prescribed by the doctor.
- Travel from Panvel to Panvel (Local Transport Taxi).
- Karnala Bird Sanctuary Entry Charges.
- Guide and professional Expertise.
- Basic First-aid.
- Transport till Panvel
- Camera charges
- Any kind of insurance or medical evacuation facilities.
- Any item not covered under the head ‘inclusions’.
All cancellation before 30 days of event days – 100% credit.
All cancellations between 30-10 days of event – 50% credit.
All cancellations within 10 days of event date – no credit possible.