UNESCO’s World Heritage Site Kaas Plateau
Kaas plateau is a plateau located near Satara. It has been awarded as a UNESCO’s World Heritage Site (WHS). The Kaas Plateau is a laterite soil table land, typical of the the Western Ghats in Maharashtra. In the monsoon months, the Kaas Pathar, as it is locally known, transforms into a wildflower wonderland. More particularly so in September when vivid shades of pink balsams, yellow smithias and blue utricularias carpet the vast grasslands. It’s a must visit for serious botanists, amateur photographers to witness the spectrum of Western Ghats monsoon montane grasslands flora, some of which are rare and endangered.
Date: 12th – 13th October 2019
Cost: Rs 5500 per person
Reporting Time: 6:45 AM
Reporting Place: Near Swami Narayan Temple, Dadar
Tentative Itinerary :
06:45 AM : Reporting at Dadar Near Swami Narayan Temple.
07:15 AM : Pick up at 2nd meeting point near Deonar and move for Kaas and enjoy the road trip.
09:00 AM : Halt for breakfast (Near Lonavala).
01:00 PM : Lunch (In Satara).
03:00 PM : Reach Thoseghar waterfalls.
04:30 PM : Reach Chalkewadi windmills.
06:00 PM : Move for Hotel.
07:00 PM : Reach Hotel and freshen up.
09:00 PM : Dinner and retire for the day.
06:00 AM : Wake Up call.
07:30 AM : Move for Kaas with packed breakfast.
09:00 AM : Reached Kaas Plateau and explore the Beauty of Rare & Endemic species of Flowers with our Experts.
12:00 PM : Move for Hotel.
01:30 PM : Reach Hotel & Lunch.
03:00 PM : Move for Mumbai
06:00 PM : Halt for Snacks (Near Lonavala)
09:00 PM : Reach Mumbai and Depart for the day.
[Accommodation is on sharing basis. Female participants are requested to inquire with us about availability of female – shared accommodation, before paying online. Extra charges applicable for single accommodation and food.]
Cost Inclusions :
1. Travel From Dadar and Back by Private A/C vehicle.
2. Accommodation (Twin sharing).
3.Meals (lunch, evening snacks and dinner on Day 1, breakfast and lunch on Day 2).
4. All places Entry tickets.
5. All taxes and service charges.
6. Professional Expertise and guidance charges.
7. Safety and Basic first aid.
Cost Exclusions :
1. Transport till Dadar.
2. Camera Fees.
3. Any meals during Traveling.
4. Any kind of insurance, medical or emergency charges.
5. Any extra meal (which are not included in ‘Cost Inclusions’) not included.
1. The given schedule may change depending upon the weather conditions & traffic of the area.
2. The spotting and observations of species depends upon your luck and the weather conditions.