UNESCO’s World Heritage Site Kaas Plateau
Kaas plateau is a plateau located near Satara. It has been awarded as a UNESCO’s World Heritage Site (WHS). The Kaas Plateau is a laterite soil table land, typical of the the Western Ghats in Maharashtra. In the monsoon months, the Kaas Pathar, as it is locally known, transforms into a wildflower wonderland. More particularly so in September when vivid shades of pink balsams, yellow smithias and blue utricularias carpet the vast grasslands. It’s a must visit for serious botanists, amateur photographers to witness the spectrum of Western Ghats monsoon montane grasslands flora, some of which are rare and endangered.
Date: 28-29th September 2019
Reporting Time: 7:00 AM
Reporting Place: Near Swami Narayan Temple
07:00 AM : Reporting at Dadar Near Swami Narayan Temple
07:30 AM : Move for Kaas and enjoy the road trip
09:00 AM : Halt for breakfast (Near Lonavala)
01:00 PM : Lunch (In Satara)
03:00 PM : Reach Thoseghar waterfalls
04:30 PM : Reach Chalkewadi windmills
05:30 PM : Move for Hotel
06:30 PM : Reach Hotel and freshen up
09:00 PM : Dinner
10:00 PM : Good Night
06:00 AM : Wake Up call
07:30 AM : Have Breakfast and move for Kaas
09:00 AM : Reached Kaas Plateau and explore the Beauty of Rare & Endemic species of Flowers with our Experts
12:00 PM : Move for Hotel
01:30 PM : Reach Hotel & Lunch
03:00 PM : Move for Mumbai
06:00 PM : Halt for Snacks (Near Lonavala)
09:00 PM : Reach Mumbai and Depart for the day
Things to carry & Ground rules :
- Your camera, extra memory cards, and macro lense. If using your mobile phone for photography kindly bring your macro mobile lense
- Carry 1-2 Ltr of water
- Good shoes with good grips
- Carry odomos or any other any other mosquito repellant
- Wear suitable clothes
- Advisable to carry biscuits or any snack containing glucose
- Plastic bags for dry items in your bag like clothes, electronics etc
- A double strap bag, sling bag not allowed in the trek
- Windcheater to keep hands free
- Do not touch any creature or plant without permission
- Do not venture out in the forest
- Strictly, NO smoking, alcohol consumption or intake of a unprescribed drug will be tolerated
- Any personal medicine prescribed by the doctor
[Accommodation is on sharing basis. Female participants are requested to inquire with us about availability of female – shared accommodation, before paying online. Extra charges applicable for single accommodation and food.]
Cost Inclusions :
- Travel From Dadar and Back by Private A/C vehicle.
- Accommodation (Twin sharing).
- All meals (2 breakfast + 2 lunch + 2 evening snacks + 1 dinner).
- All places Entry tickets.
- All taxes and service charges.
- Professional Expertise and guidance charges.
- Safety and Basic first aid.
Cost Exclusions :
- Transport till Dadar.
- Camera Fees.
- Any meals during Traveling.
- Any kind of insurance, medical or emergency charges.
- Any extra meal (which are not included in ‘Cost Inclusions’) not included.
All cancellation before 30 days of event days – 100% credit.
All cancellations between 30-10 days of event – 50% credit.
All cancellations within 10 days of event date – no credit possible.
- The given schedule may change depending upon the weather conditions & traffic of the area.
- The spotting and observations of species depends upon your luck and the weather conditions.